Thursday, October 23, 2014

Words Matter

The words you use to and in front of your children~as well as anyone else~ does matter! Remember you are trying to exude Christianity, forgiveness and love among other things! You are trying to raise good Godly Christian children. When someone you dont know sees you in action at any point in your day, they should see God in your life. Thats the goal I am setting for me, it is unrealistic and I will fail, but I will never stop trying.

One of the most dangerous words in the English language. Almost. The devil only tells lies when it is ALMOST the truth....isnt that amazing?!?! An almost Christian looks right but lives wrong.

Another one. Try. Dont try, just DO!! When you try to do something, you are giving yourself permission to fail. I will try to come to the party. I will try not to run a red light. I will try to read the Bible more. Now reread those without the word try. Do you see the difference? Never try, trying is leaving it open to not finishing, for failure....

Revenge. Trying to "get someone back" for something that they said or did is not only a lack of forgiveness.  It keeps us living in the past. Ladies and Gentlemen, we do not live in the past for a reason! Revenge is a killer of growth and maturity, it only creates unhappiness and frustration! Move forward, create the life you want, the one God wants for you.

Blame. When you blame others for how you feel or think or for things you do you are GIVING THEM POWER OVER YOUR LIFE. How you feel is your own responsibility, why give others the power to make you miserable?

"Like a girl." Never tell you daughter she did anything "like a girl" how else is she supposed to do it? "Like a man?" You are humiliating her, it puts her down, teaches her that she is weak, not as good as men.  And telling you son that only teaches him that girls are "less than" boys. It subconsciously allows him to not respect women!

Ok, so that has little to do with religion but hey, its what was on my mind. I have been thinking a lot about the words I use and how they limit me. Or make failure an option!

I need water because this life has been a tough pill to swallow. I need that living water. Why make it worse with language? lol

No comments:

Post a Comment