Wednesday, October 22, 2014

Do All Things With A Pure Heart

1 Cor 16: 14
Let all that you do be done in Love.

This, ladies and gentleman, even means good deeds! If you hate the soup kitchen you serve food at for the homeless people you dont want to be around it does not count. You then get an attitude, put off a vibe everyone around you notices. You are not helping these people but confirming their fears that they are shunned and unwanted, unloved.

If you are helping your elderly neighbors carry groceries inside just because last time she paid you ten dollars and you expect it again, it is no longer a kindness out of your heart. If you are helping the little old lady cross the street just because you are late and it is faster (and not because you want to make sure she is safe or because you want to help) it become a duty not a service. Those treasures are wooden and worthless to God. They dont count. Your heart, the reason you do things, matters! It matters greatly!

Sometime you have to say something the person you are saying it to may consider mean. If someone is sinning and they dont realize it, they should be told. I would want to be told if I was slipping farther and farther from Jesus and not realizing it! Sometimes in a situation like that, it can get tense and upsetting, but it can be done in love and with kindness!!

It is my dream to work (a paid job) at some kind of place that services the homeless or children. I have no job experience though, no training. I doubt I could find a job anywhere much less one I want. God is working slowly in my life right now, I am trying to make plans but He is not making a way yet. It is just not time I guess....I need a job and I need help. God knows what I need. Please pray for me!

No comments:

Post a Comment